What is content marketing?
Content marketing is basically producing and distributing free content as a way of attracting supporters to your organization.
The idea is that they read what you put out there, it sparks their interest, and prompts them to make contact with your organization in some way (usually through a visit to your website).
Why should you be doing it?
Well, in some ways, you already are. Your annual report? That’s content marketing.
Your newsletter? Also content marketing…
So why should you be doing more?
- Stay on your donor’s radar.
- Build your email list. (A great way to use your content is to have people sign up to receive it through email – giving you permission to email them.)
- Share your stories – raise awareness of your impact in the community.
- Bring in more donations – by being in the right place at right time.
- Strengthen relationships with your supporters.
How do you get started?
My advice? Check out Copyblogger.com and sign up (its free) to access their ebooks and other great resources. Go here to get started!